Start up the display
- Startup the display
- Connect the display to the internet*
- The GoBright app should start automatically with an installation wizard and shown afterwards an activation key
- If GoBright is not installed and/or you receive messages of unsupported hardware while the display is in the supported hardware overview please install the IAdea - GoBright Add-on first.
- Our advice is to check first if the latest Firnware is installed on this device, you can find them on the IAdea Support-page
- Install Iadea - GoBright Display Add-on via the followed instructions below:
Download IAdea - GoBright Display Add-on
Because of the IAdea displays are non-rooted it is not possible to communicate with a non-authorized app to communicate with the hardware/change necessary system settings.
To be able to do that IAdea developed a Firmware Add-on which deploys the GoBright app, authorizes the GoBright app and set the right Android Settings for our app.
Below you will find per display type the right Add-on:
|WRP-1000, XDS-1078-A9||Download link (v1.0.8)|
|XDS-1088, XMP-7500||Download link (v1.0.8)|
|MBR-1100, XDS-1078-A7||Download link (v1.0.7)|
Installing the IAdea - GoBright Display Add-on
- Download the GoBright Addon file for your IAdea device (see above)
- Place the .PKG file in the root of an FAT32 formatted USB drive
- Close the GoBright app (when installed) by performing the magic swipe then press Exit
- Press the Pause button in the center of the screen to enter Setting mode
- Press the Exit button
- Some models require to enter a pin code. Swipe the lock button upwards and enter code 010101
- Press the Advanced button in the top right corner
- Press System
- Press Firmware update
- Select "manually install package from USB drive"
Continue with activating the GoBright Display app on IAdea:
- After rebooting the GoBright Device app should start automatically with an installation wizard
- The app will ask for the necessary permissions to use and manage the device, please allow/confirm them all
- The app will ask to check the date, time and timezone
- Choose 'Confirm and reboot'
- After reboot, the display will connect to GoBright, and show an activation code
- With the activation code you're able to go to the next step and activate the display in the GoBright portal
*) Regarding the internet connection, we strongly advise to use wired (PoE+) connections for highest reliability.
If you have to use Wi-Fi, please make sure you have disabled the ‘Avoid poor network connections’ and ‘Notify whenever a public network is available’ in the Wi-Fi settings menu within Android. This will increase the reliability, for example when maintenance is done on the Wi-Fi network.
You can find this in the Android settings menu -> Wi-Fi -> Advanced. Read this article about how to close the GoBright Android App to enter Wi-Fi settings of the device: Close the GoBright app on a display
Please note: not all Android versions have these options, so these options might not be applicable for your device.