To be able to create a map in GoBright, you first need the base layer, the 'background' which is a clean floorplan.
When you have the 'background', you're able to add icons to the background indicating the rooms and the desks.
The base layer must be an SVG or PNG image. We strongly advice to create your SVG image in Adobe Illustrator. Creating SVG's with other software can result in unexpected behavior in the GoBright Portal.
To get a good base layer, you should not get into much detail, just draw the basics of the building, with the walls and doors. In most cases, this will give you the best results.
Log in to the portal with your manager account, and choose Settings > Maps.
Now add a new map with the 'Add'-button, or select an existing one to edit.
Configure a map
A map has a name, which is used within GoBright (to link the map to a mapviewer, etc.).
The background is the SVG/PNG image that you created as described above. Upload a new file that is a maximum of 1MB. The image can be added by clicking on the 'Background image'-field. In the pop-up you can choose your image.
On the left part are the Editor options:
First, you add a resource with the 'Add resource' button, or you select an existing resource. Then you can move the element on the map, and configure the properties of the resource on the left.
Each element should be assigned an image (predefined set of images), and a space (room or desk). An element is only shown if it is linked to a space.
- Type: Table, Desk, Parking 1 and 2, Spotlight, Dot, Locker bank or Combined room can be selected to assign the type you want to add as element on your map
- Link to: This is required. Here the element can be linked to your Desk or Room. To search for a desk, type in at least three characters of its name.
- Brown: Not linked yet
- Blue: Linked
- Dark blue: Selected element to be configured
- Position X and Y: The position of the element can be changed by entering the values or using the slide bar. The element can also be moved by dragging it with your mouse.
- Scale: Change the size of your element by entering the value or using the slide bar
- Rotate: Use the rotate icons to rotate your element
- Reset button: With the reset button you can reset the configured values of your element
- Copy button: With the copy button the selected element(s)* will be copied
- Delete button:
* Multi-item selection: Use the CTRL keyboard button to select multiple items. You can then move them by keeping the CTRL keyboard button pressed and drag them to a new place.
At the right part:
The map is shown here with your elements. You can zoom in- and out for easier use.
Inline search: At the top of the map there is a search field to find element within the map by it's name.
Note: Similarly using the 'Add icon' button allows standard icons such as Doors, Elevators, Food and ISO 7010 icons to be added to the floorplan.
Now your map is ready to be used in a Mapviewer, proceed to the next article!