Every desk that has been used will at some point need cleaning, especially during these times. In most cases, it's preferable to clean the desk after each individual use, which is exactly what the 'Hygienic desk mode' does.
Any time a desk is marked for cleaning it the Connect will emit a purple glow. This will be visible on the Glow and Mapviewer as well. Because only people that are in charge of cleaning the desk should be able to indicate when a desk becomes available again, there are specific permissions that can be set.
Enable the mode
Desks can use the hygienic mode when it's enabled within their profile. There a few other settings related to sensors that can be configured here as well:
- Log in to the GoBright portal with your manager account, and choose Settings > Profiles
- Now choose a desk profile and select it to edit it
- Underneath the general desk settings, the Hygienic mode can be enabled
By default, this setting is set to disabled. Enabling it will span another setting underneath where a desk sensor can be used to activate hygienic mode automatically after a certain time. This is the time that the desk has been in use for:
In this case, the hygienic mode will activate after someone uses the desk for 30 minutes or more. However, it will not activate when the desk has not been used for at least 30 minutes.
Closing a desk
To keep people from completely using one or more specific desks it's possible to 'close' a desk. This will make sure that it cannot be used in any way and it will be grey on the mapviewer. To close a desk, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the GoBright portal with your manager account, and choose Settings > Desks
- Now add a new desk with the '+' button, or select an existing one to edit
- Within the settings, scroll to the Closed setting and tick the checkbox
- Save the changes to close the desk
Hygenic desk permissions
As there are only a handful of people that are allowed to clean the desk, we've added a couple of new permissions within the user role section. To view and edit these permissions follow the steps below:
- Log in to the GoBright portal with your manager account, and choose Settings > User roles
- Now add a new role with the '+' button, or select an existing one to edit
- Pick an option from the dropdown menu to select the permissions for the Hygenic desk
- Save the changes to change the role permissions