The room & desk profiles are very similar and hold shared settings for the rooms or desks. For general information about profiles, please refer to the general 'profiles' article.
Log in with your GoBright admin account and go to Settings > Meet > Profiles and open your profile for rooms
Issue reporting enabled > Email address for issue reporting:
When enabled, you will be shown a field to add the email address for issue reporting. This email address will be used to send notifications of issues that are reported via the Room display. This reporting functionality is only available for Room displays.
By default, the language is inherited from the general settings, but you can choose another language per profile. The language configured here is the language that will be shown on the Room displays.
Stopping/Extending booking allowed for:
This setting is used to set who can stop and extend a booking (in the portal, app and room display). If set to 'Everybody' than no authentication will be needed at the room display.
Deleting booking allowed for:
This setting is used to set who can delete a booking (in the portal, app and room display). If set to 'Everybody' than no authentication will be needed at the room display.
This setting determines if the room can be booked or if it is a non-bookable room. Non-bookable means the room cannot be booked, and the status will depend on sensoring.
Booking needs approval:
You can manage booking approvals via your GoBright portal or via your external system. Important note: Booking approvals via the GoBright portal will only work when the behavior of your resource mailbox is set to AutoAccept. For more information about how to configure the behavior of your resource mailbox in Azure AD/Exchange, please check this article.
Show as almost occupied when occupation is detected:
With occupation sensors for Rooms you can enable this field to show if a Room is almost occupied when occupation is detected.
The no-show detection needs to be enabled if you want to configure a check-in confirmation window for your users. When enabled you will be shown two fields to set an amount in minutes. You will need to set the amount of minutes for the 'Confirmation window before start' of your meeting. And you will need to set the amount of minutes for the 'Confirmation window after booking start' of your meeting.
Which means that if your booking starts at 09:00 AM, and you have set your check-in window 15 minutes before your booking starts, and 15 minutes after your booking starts, then your users will need to check-in between 08:45 and 09:15 AM. You will have a total of 30 minutes to check-in with this example.
To be able to save your check-in window you will need to select at least one booking confirmation method.
- Booking confirmation on Room Display / GoBright Connect
- With this option you will only be able to confirm your booking via a Room Display.
- Booking confirmation by sensor
- Your Room sensor can confirm the booking by detecting occupation. Keep in mind that the rooms sensor can not detect specific users. Any detected occupation can confirm your room booking.
- Booking confirmation by portal or app
- In cases where you are not able to confirm via the room display or with your room sensor, you can let your users confirm their room bookings via the GoBright portal or our GoBright mobile app.
When no-show is configured, you will also be able to measure if someone has shown up. If enabled, you will need to set the period in which the person should show up. When the booking has not been confirmed within your check-in window, the room booking will be stopped. The room will be available again for booking. Detected no-shows are registered and can be viewed in the Analytics section of the GoBright portal.
Auto enable Microsoft Teams meeting
When enabled, this automatically adds a Microsoft Teams link when a booking is created using the GoBright Portal, the GoBright mobile app, via a room panel or map viewer.
The link is clickable which enables users to open the Teams meeting directly from the GoBright Portal or the GoBright mobile app.
Note: for this to work, Microsoft Office365 Graph must be linked. (Admin center > Integrations > Your integration > Link Office365 Graph)
This option is only available when sensors are enabled. These settings affect the state of occupation and the booking depending on what has been configured.
- 'Stay occupied for ... minutes after user has left'
This setting extends occupation even after the sensor stopped detecting movement. It can be especially useful if the room is non-bookable as people tend to quickly leave the room a couple of minutes during a break or other activities.
- 'Extend for ... more minutes when the user left and there is a booking or a checkin'
This setting gives extends the occupation for an amount of minutes more if the user booked or checked in. This gives the opportunity to reward users who did book (bookable situation) or checkin (non-bookable with Connect device), because they will enjoy less strict automatic shortening of the booking/checkin.
- 'Shorten booking automatically based on occupation sensor'
When the detected occupation is ended while the booking is still in effect this setting can end the booking prematurely, which will make the room/desk available for others.
Within the profile, it's possible to configure specific settings for the connect. While the option is enabled by default, disabling the '' will show what options can be configured:
- The brightness/intensity level can be adjusted for both the Connect and Glow
- The time in seconds for when the sensor detects occupation/non-occupation
- RFID/NFC mode, which can be reading and/or emulation
Authentication the on room display and map viewer
While the room display is configured to show the status of a single room, the map viewer displays an overview of all available rooms that can be booked. Depending on which settings are enabled users can book the rooms in multiple ways:
- Anonymous: Everyone is able to book the room and the booking will be marked as 'anonymous' as the organizer is not known.
- Pincode: Only users that have a pincode are able to book rooms. The pincode can be configured in the user's details.
- NFC: Only users that have an NFC card are able to book rooms. This option will only be available NFC support is enabled at the general settings. The hardware should be equipped with support of NFC readers.
Quick booking suggestions
At the room display, map viewer and app these quick booking suggestions are used to give options for ad-hoc booking, and for extending a booking. There are two types of quick booking suggestions:
- Duration: an amount of hours/minutes, for example, 10 minutes or 1 hour
- Fixed time: a time of day, for example 5:30 PM, so you can book a room for the whole working day easily
The opening hours define the regular opening hours of the room. This is used for searching for available rooms (default only within opening hours). It can also be used as a default setting for the room displays to turn to 'night mode'.