When a device is added it will become part of the current hierarchy. This is used to group certain devices together and provide a clear overview.
For a single device, we don't need anything more than a single folder like the example above. But when adding multiple devices across multiple spaces it pays off to create a clear structure.
To create or modify a folder, click the right mouse button on an existing folder. Three options will be displayed:
- Add: (leads to any of the three options below)
- Root folder, this creates a new folder that is added separately from other folders
- Subfolder, this creates a new folder within the folder that is currently selected
- Device, this adds a new device within the folder that is currently selected
- Delete: deletes the folder or device
- Edit: changes the name and/or profile of the folder
Creating a structure
We strongly suggest creating a structure that matches the location or makes sense for the organization. In most cases it would be similar to the example below based on different floors within a building:
Device status (Icon colors)
The color of the icon represents the status of the device.
|Color||Status/cause||What to do|
Device missed a heartbeat
|Gray||Device not activated||Activate the device|
|Red||Device is offline (for more than a couple of hours)||
|Green||Device is online|