The following configuration is needed to integrate GoBright in the Outlook appointment window.
It can be set up for either the Desktop or Web version of Office. To use the plugin it is required to have the rooms configured with a fully functional Office365 or Exchange integration.
The configuration manual goes through the following steps:
- Configuring the Outlook Plugin for Desktop
- Install Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime
- Run the Outlook Desktop Plugin Setup
- Start Outlook
- Configuring the Outlook Plugin for Web
- Login to Outlook
- Install the Outlook Web Plugin
Configuring the Outlook Plugin for Outlook Desktop
The GoBright Outlook plugin for Outlook Desktop requires the following software to be installed:
- Office for Windows 2013 or higher, on a 64-bit Windows OS (Supported Platforms: Outlook Plugin)
- .NET Framework 4.6
- Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime
MSI installer, why?
The new Office Add-ins platform is great but does not have proper support for resources in appointments yet. Therefore we currently work with an MSI installer, which helps us overcome this, and give you a proper plugin. Once Microsoft includes the support for resources, we will switch to the new Office Add-ins platform too.
Install Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime
- Open the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56961
- Download the tools in any preferred language
- Run the executable
Run the Outlook Desktop Plugin Setup
- Download the Outlook Desktop Plugin Setup here
- Run the installer
- Read and accept the Terms and conditions
- Choose the destination folder
- Press install to continue the setup
- When the setup has been completed press Finish to exit the setup
Automatically roll out the Outlook Desktop Plugin to multiple clients
System administrators can install the Outlook Desktop Plugin via policies or other network management tools.
The following command is used to roll out the Outlook Desktop Plugin automatically:
msiexec /i GoBright.OutlookDesktopPlugin.Setup_x.x.xxxx.msi /qn
- Open Outlook
- Schedule a new apppointment
- The GoBright logo will appear on the top right corner:
- The Plugin can now be used
Configuring the Outlook Plugin for Web
The Outlook Plugin can be added as an add-in and installed via an URL. The following versions are supported:
- Office365 / OWA (Outlook Web Access) or Exchange 2016
Login to Outlook
- Go to: https://login.microsoftonline.com
- Login with your credentials
- Open the Outlook App
Install the Outlook Web Plugin
- Select Get Add-ins (if this button doesn't work you can directly try this url: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/?path=/options/manageapps)
- Choose My add-ins
- Navigate to Custom Add-ins
- Select + Add a custom add-in --> Add from URL...
- Enter the following URL: https://portal.gobright.cloud/plugin/outlook/gobright-outlook-plugin-manifest.xml
- The plugin has now be installed.
Install the Outlook Web Plugin for the entire organization
It is possible to install the plugin for the entire organization. Please view the documentation below and be aware that an admin account is required: