This widget is deprecated and is no longer supported.
- A Twitter developer account
- An API key
- An API secret key
- The Bearer Token
- The username whose tweets you want to display
Only public tweets will be visible.
If Protect your Tweets is enabled in the Twitter users' account settings, no tweets will be visible within GoBright View.
Apply for a developer account
In order to use the Twitter Widget, you'll need a developer account to be set up within Twitter. This is because we'll be using information from the API which is only accessible as a developer. This can be done for free using the steps below:
- Go to: https://developer.twitter.com/en/apply-for-access
- Press the Apply for a developer account button
- Complete the registration and answer the questions (the exact steps and questions may vary based on your input or changes at Twitter)
- When prompted, choose Exploring the API
Create a new app
Next, you'll need to create a new App within Twitter and generate an Api key and Api secret key. This information will then be used within GoBright View to receive the information. Follow the steps below to create a new app:
- Go to https://developer.twitter.com/en/portal/projects-and-apps
- Create a new app underneath standalone apps
- Give the app a name (e.g. GoBright View - Your Company Name)
- The next screen will show both the API Key, API Secret key and Bearer Token
- Copy all of these and save them. We'll need both of these later within GoBright View.
- You can now finish the app creation and close the webpage
Within GoBright View
Place the Twitter widget in a slide or template and fill in the parameters.
Enter the name of a Twitter account like NASA. The widget should then display the content of the entered name.