It's possible to show content from a Twitter feed within GoBright View. In order to set this up a couple of steps need to be taken within Twitter.
- A Twitter developer account
- An Api key
- An Api secret key
- The name of the Twitter feed
Apply for a developer account
In order to use the Twitter Widget, you'll need a developer account to be set up within Twitter. This is because we'll be using information from the API which is only accessible as a developer. This can be done for free using the steps below:
- Go to: https://developer.twitter.com/en/apply-for-access
- Press the Apply for a developer account button
- Complete the registration and answer the questions (the exact steps and questions may vary based on your input or changes at Twitter)
- When prompted, choose Exploring the API
Create a new app
Next, you'll need to create a new App within Twitter and generate an Api key and Api secret key. This information will then be used within GoBright View to receive the information. Follow the steps below to create a new app:
- Go to https://developer.twitter.com/en/portal/projects-and-apps
- Create a new app underneath standalone apps
- Give the app a name (e.g. GoBright View - Your Company Name)
- The next screen will show both the Api Key and Api Secret key
- Copy both of these and save them. We'll need both of these later within GoBright View.
- You can now finish the app creation and close the webpage
Within GoBright View
Fill in the Api key and Api secret key in the Twitter widget.
Enter the name of a Twitter account like NASA. The widget should then display the content of the entered name.