Before a device can be activated the GoBright app must be installed. Please follow the steps below to install the app on a WebOS screen. See the full explanation including images here, otherwise keep reading below.
In order for the app to run correctly on the device, the date & time of the device needs to be set correctly. Navigate to the date & time settings and make sure the correct time zone and locations are configured. The next few steps all require the TV remote as well:
Configure energy-saving settings
The settings below make sure that the display does not shuts off due to the energy-saving settings that have been configured by default.
- Open Settings
- Go to Screen > Advanced settings > Energy Management
- Turn off all options on this screen
- Open Settings again
- Go to General > On/Off
- Make sure that the following settings are turned off:
- Turn off when no signal is received: off
- Turn off when no IR signal is received: off
Install the GoBright App
- Go to the settings using the Settings button
- Select EZ configuration and press SI Server Settings twice
A new menu will open up where we'll have to configure the following settings:
- Fully qualified domain name: on
- Address / URL: http://install.gobright.cloud/view/webos/latest
- Mode: local
- Application type: IPK
- Local application-upgrade: "External" or "Remote"
- Auto Set: "Off" (this setting is not always visible)
When these settings have been configured press the OK button twice. The application should be installing and when it's done it will display confirmed. Turn the TV off, and turn it back on again.
If everything has been done correctly the screen should launch the GoBright App and displays an activation code on the screen. This code needs to be entered within GoBright View in order to add this device within the software. Please continue reading this article to proceed.